Let’s Sally Forth began in 2012 as a simple travel blog documenting my study abroad through the Middle East. Since then it has grown into a platform where I share my art, my writing, and my multimedia projects. I want to create engaging things and dynamic narrative environments where people can join in with me as I learn and evolve. Here you’ll find some of my paid work, my personal pieces, and my photography. Enjoy!
Seven things to know about me:
- I make my bed every morning. Yep, even when I stay in a hotel. It might be because my dad is a slightly OCD surgeon who drilled into us the importance of organization and cleanliness…in fact, I’m pretty sure that’s it.
- I was the first employee of the world’s first corporate accountability litigation think-tank. We worked on creating new legal strategies to hold U.S. corporations accountable for human rights violations they committed abroad. It’s an amazing org that I believe is the future of human rights law. Y’all should check them out. Find it here.
- I’ve tried water from 33 countries around the world. What are my top 5, you ask? Palestine, Ecuador, Vietnam, Scotland, and Norway. Delicious. Read my posts to learn more.
- I’m the youngest and most charming of four kids. Hence, my winsome personality and overwhelming charisma. 😉
- I love to dance. Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Hip-Hop, Swing, LeRoc, Ballroom, Club, etc. If it has a beat and you move your body to it, I’ll probably give it a go.
- I am a passionate member of Chicago’s interfaith dialogue community. I’ve been involved in this work for two years and find the human relationships you develop with diverse peoples to be radiant. This is one of my favorite and most challenging spaces to work in.
- I’m a big ol’ nerd. I’m super into sci-fi and fantasy. Yes, I have seen all of Battlestar Galactica. Do I think Dwight Schrute got it right when he said, “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica”? No. BSG should always be first. One of my fave genres is dystopian sci-fi… but I’ve had to take a break recently since the stories are getting eerily close to the truth. My go to relief? Avatar the Last Airbender. That show is a gem.